28 records was the final tally at the close of the 2011 CAVE SHPEHERD & CO LIMITED SHORT COURSE NATIONAL SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIP which included three women’s open national records established by ZABRINA HOLDER and LEE-ANN ROSE.
DANIELLE TITUS of the girls’ 8 & under established 7 records from her 8 events and emerged as the most prolific record breaker of the Championship. Eight records were established in the 9-10 age group with DAMON ST PRIX claiming 6 of them and KENDI BYNOE & JACK KIRBY one each. SARIYAH SHERRY & ALEX SOBERS were the record breakers in the 11-12 age group as Sherry set two new marks and Sobers one.
ZABRINA HOLDER & AMARA GIBBS set 6 new marks in the 13-14 age group with Holder writing her name on five of them and Gibbs one. LEE-ANN ROSE was the only record breaker in the girls’ 15-17 age group and set one new mark which was also a new women’s open national record. Two of Holder’s records were also new women’s open marks.
AGE GROUP CHAMPIONS
- GIRLS’ 8 & UNDER: DANIELLE TITUS: 70 POINTS
- BOYS’ 8 & UNDER: NKOSI DUNWOODY: 72 POINTS
- GIRLS’ 9-10: KENDI BYNOE: 103 POINTS
- BOYS’ 9-10:DAMON ST PRIX:102 POINTS
- GIRLS’ 11-12: SARIYAH SHERRY: 108 POINTS
- BOYS’ 11-12: ALEX SOBERS: 146 POINTS
- GIRLS’ 13-14: ZABRINA HOLDER: 106 POINTS
- BOYS’ 13-14: CHRISTIAN SELBY: 153 POINTS
- GIRLS’ 15-17: LEE-ANN ROSE: 99 POINTS
- BOYS’ 15-17:JOSHUA COLES: 83 POINTS
- WOMEN 18-24: JADE GREGORY-MCKENZIE: 45 POINTS
- MEN 18-24: KYLE McEACHNIE: 18 POINTS
- MEN 25 & OVER: BRADLEY BROOMES: 36 POINTS
MOST OUTSTANDING SWIMMERS
- MOST OUTSTANDING JUNIOR FEMALE: KENDI BYNOE: 48 POINTS
- MOST OUTSTANDIND JUNIOR MALE: DAMON ST PRIX: 62 POINTS
- MOST OUTSTANDING SENIOR FEMALE: ZABRINA HOLDER: 3217 POINTS
- MOST OUTSTANDING SENIOR MALE: CHRISTIAN SELBY: 2767 POINTS